SanDisk® Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK) today introduced its first widescreen portable media player dubbed the “Sansa® View.” The flash-based Sansa View is a sleek, yet simple video player that supports a wide array of content formats and comes equipped with a flash memory expansion slot. The announcement was made at CES, where SanDisk is exhibiting in South Hall 4, booth 36206, in the Las Vegas Convention Center through January 11.
While the Sansa View is a pocket-able player–one of the slimmest on the market today—it features a large 4"widescreen display for optimal viewing. In addition to a DVD-like quality video experience, the Sansa View can display photos (up to 16 megapixels), play music, or even combine the two in a slideshow format. The durable player also comes equipped with an integrated speaker for watching and listening to any content on the player with a friend.
The Sansa View has 8GB1 of internal flash memory to store up to 33 video hours or 2,000 songs or thousands of photos2. Its flash memory expansion slot allows for additional memory capacity and playback of content found on SD and SDHC cards, such as Disney® Max Clips™.
SanDisk is excited to unveil its first portable media device with remarkably rich video capabilities," said Le Tran, SanDisk retail product marketing manager for the Sansa View. “The Sansa View is a sturdy, easy-to-use media player perfect for the road warrior or family looking for a video player that they all can enjoy.”
Detailed features of the Sansa View:
• Sleek, thin “pocketable” design– at 78.5mm x 123mm x 16.9mm (0.66" thick)
• Support for a wide array of video, music and photo formats
• Large 4" widescreen color display
• SD™ expansion slot for additional memory capacity. Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash cards and the new SD High Capacity cards (SDHC™)
• Slideshow capability for photos with the ability to add background music
• AV-output of audio and video content to a TV screen through a 30-pin connector (up to 1080i with docking station) or 3.5mm headphone jack
• Integrated speaker
• Simple interface with backlit controls for easy navigation
• Rechargeable, removable Li-Polymer battery3
• Preloaded content, including full-length movies, short films, video clips, music and photos
• Works with most download and music subscription services, including Rhapsody, MTV Urge™ and Yahoo! Music™
The Sansa View video player works with Windows Media Player™ 10 or 11 for syncing of content, and is designed to work with Windows Vista™.
The player contains a removable Li-Polymer battery that provides up to four hours of continuous video playback and 10 hours of continuous audio playback4. The battery can be replaced by the customer to provide many years of continuous service. A user-replaceable Li-Polymer battery—along with an extended-life battery—will be sold separately.
Retailing for $2995 MSRP, the 8GB Sansa View is expected to be available from retailers in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2007, with Canada and Europe to follow in the second quarter.
This is the first video player in SanDisk’s audio/video line, which consists of an array of MP3 players: the new Sansa Connect WiFi MP3 player; the affordable Sansa Express MP3, Sansa m200 and Sansa c200 series, and the top-of-the-line Sansa e200 and Sansa e200R players. Future Made for Sansa accessories will also support the Sansa View.
SanDisk is the original inventor of flash storage cards and is the world’s largest supplier of flash data storage card products, using its patented, high-density flash memory and controller technology. SanDisk is headquartered in Milpitas, CA and has operations worldwide, with more than half its sales outside the U.S.
Welcome to SanDisk's Middle East news content microsite on TCFnewswire.
Subscribe to SanDisk Alerts
Updates on the latest news, interviews & events.